Peter Wood Singers & Orchestra - Jolly Christmas Songs

Most every time I've sat down to review a new addition to my collection here at my blog, I've researched via Google and the Internet for background info on many aspects of the CD: the artist, the year it was produced, what it sounds like, and what has happened since they recorded the album in question.

Here's one of the first albums I'm totally in the dark about.

Rescued from obscurity by the King Of Jingaling, this was one of the featured albums at FaLaLaLaLa.com last Christmas season... and what an ALBUM!

One part bossa nova, one part rock, one part Ray Conniff, one part Muzak... but it's the way it's blended that makes it so wonderful to listen to.

The standout tracks are a bouncy "Silver Bells", a rockin' version of "The Little Drummer Boy", and a bouncy rockin' version of "Christmas Candy".

Don't take my word for it... this album is still available to DOWNLOAD over at FaLaLaLaLa.com! You better hitch a ride on Santa's sleigh and hightail it over there to get your copy!

Thanks King for saving this album for all of us to enjoy!

On to the next new Christmas album in my collection...


Capt

Comments

Brad said…
Yeah, I couldn't find out anything more about this album either. It's very frustrating to find this great stuff and not be able to find out more about the performers.

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Yuleblog Sampler - 2011

2001 Playlist

Bruce Woodman Presents Christmas Carols With A Latin Lilt