Happy Thanksgiving!



This YouTube clip is from "The Dinah Shore Chevy Show" from 1958. Dinah begins with a beautiful song about Thanksgiving (around the 3:20 mark) and joins her special guest stars around a lovely Thanksgiving setting.

What makes this clip special is the fact her guest stars were all real-life spouses appearing on the same show: George Montgomery (then Mr. Dinah Shore), Louis Prima, Keely Smith, Edie Adams, and Ernie Kovacs - two husband and wife teams and some of my personal heroes.

After some appropriate solemnity, Dinah, George, Louis, Keely, Edie, and Ernie all join in for a spirited singing of "Dry Bones" over a turkey carcass.



Some time this Thanksgiving weekend, I will be answering the 50+ comments left here since I last visited this place, fixing some broken links (if any), and quite possibly posting an actual yuleblog entry (WOW).

Have fun eating, visiting with your loved ones, and travelling safely wherever you are.


Capt

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great to have you back! And a great Dinah Shore clip for the day.
Scott Marks said…
How did the Primas and the Kovacs get invited to Dinah's place? I thought the guest list would have included June Allyson or Marie Wilson, not cutting edge geniuses. I'd love to have heard the denigrating comments Louis made about her on the car ride home.

Happy Thanksgiving you and your family!
Anonymous said…
Wow! Glad to see you back in blogging action!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Ernie said…
Welcome back, Cap'n. Glad to see you're still among the living.

Oh, and Happy Turkey Day, too!
Welcome back! We've missed you. Thanks for the Dinah Shore clip. She was a great lady. We'll forgive Emulsion for his/her ignorance in the spirit of the holiday season.
Anonymous said…
Hey man. Good to see you out in blog land again. Hope all is well.
Martin Klasch said…
Hi Cap!
I hope Thanksgiving was as good as hoped for and then some.

So Christmas is sneaking in on us once again. I knew, I just knew it! ;) I was reading that you were having a year with less time to spend on the Christmas music and the blog - well you are not alone. Still I hope to have enough time and energy to put together a compilation this year too. You too I hope.

I was reminded of the Soulful Strings' The Magic of Christmas and was wondering if there was any chance you'd share it with me. I remember you saying that you probably had it.In case it might happen, my mail is martinklasch@gmail.com.

Any-ho-ho-ho, have a great month leading up to the holidays!

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Yuleblog Sampler - 2011

2001 Playlist

Bruce Woodman Presents Christmas Carols With A Latin Lilt