The Pac-Man Christmas Album

You're stunned, right? This cover does have that effect!

Here's another album that I posted last year at FaLaLaLaLa - the home of preserved Christmas vinyl memories! Here's what I wrote at the time:

The only thing I could find about Kid Stuff Records is that it was active between 1982-1984 and put out about a dozen or so of these albums based on popular video games of the day (Asteroids / Yars’ Revenge / Missle Command / Donkey Kong).

I originally bought this album on eBay so I could include the cover in my annual Christmas CD compilation [in 2004] when I saluted the 1980s.

I’ve never completely listened to this album but it follows the standard kiddie record formula: tell a story, interrupt it with a song, repeat.

I must admit I’m not a huge fan of kiddie records…

Maybe it’s because I never had them as a child. I was too busy listening to my mom’s records – Rat Pack, Lawrence Welk, early Elvis & other 50s rock-n-roll albums. Sometimes I would raid my older brother’s record collection – Beatles, obscure movie soundtracks, Cheech & Chong, K-Tel Records.

There’s been much talk on [FaLaLaLaLa] about kiddie records – Peter Pan Records, the Caroleer Singers, even Basic Hip has devoted two [now THREE] FULL years to the subject.

People do remember what they listen to as a kid… and someone MUST have heard this when they were a tyke. Now you can too…


The Pac-Man Christmas Album


Happy listening...


Capt

Comments

mrdantefontana said…
I hadn't expected this. But it was fun!
Thanks.
CaptainOT said…
Glad you enjoyed it! Love the PCL Link Dump as well!


Capt
Nquisitive said…
OMG!!! I have been searching for this for years! We used to play this every Christmas when it came out. It brings back so many great memories. Thanks so much for posting this. Have a wonderful Christmas! :)
Anonymous said…
I still play this record every year. I owned all the pac-man records when I was kid.

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Yuleblog Sampler - 2011

2001 Playlist

Bruce Woodman Presents Christmas Carols With A Latin Lilt