Twisted Sister - A Twisted Christmas

Chalk another surprise up to my buddy Jeff at Jeffco Productions! He told me about this release way before it hit the shelves and then dropped my own copy in my lap... what love that man has for me!

What I wrote about this album when I reviewed it last year at FaLaLaLaLa.com:

"Wayne Parry of the Associated Press claims 'this is, quite simply, the best hard rock Christmas album ever made, and one of the best rock’n'roll Christmas albums period since Elvis made his. It’s THAT good.'

"Maybe.

"Dee Snider and the boys have cleverly taken their old songs (along with some AC/DC, Judas Priest, and Black Sabbath songs) and wrapped Christmas songs around them. Who knew that 'We’re Not Gonna Take It' and 'O Come All Ye Faithful' sounded so familiar?

"Lita Ford, the fantasy gal rocker for many of my generation, duets on "I’ll Be Home For Christmas" - one of the highlights of the CD.

"If you’re a fan of metal, this one’s for you! If you’re not (like me), you’re still going to enjoy this album - Twisted Sister’s final album before calling it quits next year. What a way to go out on!"

I spoke too soon. According to Snider on his syndicated radio program "The House of Hair", thanks in large part to the success of this album and its related tours to promote the album, TS is "discussing what the bands future should be" and may NOT retire after all. We'll wait and see.

The only thing else I can add is this little tidbit: we've received close to 40 compilations via our P.O. Box for review next month. Many of the compilations from Christmas home enthusiasts included tracks from Twisted Sister. Apparently, this was the CD to buy last Christmas for that person who's heard every Christmas CD on the planet.

Sorry for the short review... I winged my left index finger on a table saw last Friday and it's been stinging me ever since. I head to the doctor's office today to go "under the blade" as Twisted Sister would say. Appropriate.


UP NEXT: Another 80s blast from the past records a Christmas album.


Capt

Comments

Anonymous said…
HI!
Just wanted to stop in and tell you how much I have enjoyed following your blog! It is Interesting/entertaining and I'm learning much about the goings on behind the "music scene." Thanks for all the work you do and sharing with us. Every year, my Holiday highlight is the padded envelope with the prized CD enclosed. LOVE IT! Love you guys!
Your sister in law, Joy Lynn

visit Slate.com
CaptainOT said…
Jeff - The doc was dazzled with my damaged digit and deemed my darling wife's treatment deserving of devotion.

The pain meds have made me a wee bit loopy.

Joy Lynn - Thanks for the kind words and I do hope you're feeling better! You were missed royale at Mom's birthday bash! Talk to you soon...


Capt

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Yuleblog Sampler - 2011

2001 Playlist

Bruce Woodman Presents Christmas Carols With A Latin Lilt