Will Glahe & His Orchestra - Christmas Greetings From Germany

On October 18th, I posted a yuleblog entry that was written entirely in German because I had downloaded an album from my friend Jeff's website that was entirely in German!

I acquired this album from a relative of my wife who had an amazing assortment of Christmas music.

This album features a children's choir singing traditional carols in German backed by Will Glahe and His Orchestra. Glahe also gets his fair share of instrumentals as well.

Not much is known about Glahe. Google searches have pointed to a lot of his records across cyberspace as well as the usual sites that attach onto a musician's name and declare you can find "Will Glahe Ringtones" or "Will Glahe Lyrics".

How does one get lyrics off of instrumentals?

This album has tracks to accommodate anyone even if you're not feeling very Bavarian. Just to hear the kiddie chorus sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" in Deutsch is worth the price of admission alone... wait, there IS no admission!

This album was in excellent shape and was one of the more cleaner rips I had this year:


Will Glahe & His Orchestra - Christmas Greetings From Germany


Glückliches Hören... oops, I promised no German! Happy listening...


Capt

Comments

CaptainOT said…
Savoadaki - I have hard enough time with ENGLISH! :)


Capt
Anonymous said…
Just finished transferring my copy to CD.. this was my mother's favorite Christmas album (she was from Germany), along with Bing Crosby's. I still play the album every season for visitors and they are always enchanted by it.
CaptainOT said…
Anon - Glad to have helped you reconnect with those Christmas memories of yesteryear!


Capt
My wife is going to love this. And what a gorgeous jacket picture. I'm ready for some snow! Thank you cap'n!
CaptainOT said…
Nodog - Hope the music puts your wife into a "Winter Romance" type of mood ;-)


Capt
Anonymous said…
My Grandfather was born in Germany and moved to America for a better life. When we were setting up the Christmas Tree, my Dad would always play this record. I now have it and do the same with my kids. This record was been played so many times and it is perfect condition. It wouldn't be Christmas with out playing this album.

(Wish it was on CD)

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Yuleblog Sampler - 2011

2001 Playlist

Bruce Woodman Presents Christmas Carols With A Latin Lilt