Carmen Le Nard - Jolly Snowman - SINGLE


This is the second of three Christmas singles that I had time to transfer, digitally restore, scan, zip, and upload (sounds cruel when it's put that way, huh?). I found this on eBay the very first week of January this year. There was a ton of Christmas music just lying there online with no takers - timing is everything!

What caught my eye was the description: "Also included is a letter to prospective radio stations by the artist himself." When the package arrived, I quickly found the letter (dated October, 1987) and read a request to play the record for their radio audiences.

The letter also included his home address and phone number. I broke down and called the phone number included - to get the full story of the artist and the song. I only got a befuddled woman who didn't know what I was talking about.

I examined the record - side one is the vocal version of the song (copyrighted both in 1984 and 1986) while side two is oddly labeled "Instrumental version" with a vocal credit to Le Nard!

Recorded in reggae style with more than enough 1980s synth, chimes, and saxophone, it tells the story of a lonely guy who has no one to dance with... that is until a "jolly snowman" comes along and changes the whole story! I have to admit the song is quite good - this tune will stick in your head after the first listening!

It's a holly, jolly Holliday:


Carmen Le Nard - Jolly Snowman - SINGLE


Happy listening...


Capt

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've got this one. Don't think I've ever even listened to it before. Thanks, Cap! Now I guess I should go dig it out of the pile, huh?
CaptainOT said…
Stubby - I'm interested to know if your copy is similar or different to my copy.

It's a catchy tune... found myself humming it the other day while standing in line at the Post Office!


Capt

Popular posts from this blog

KFUO Presents Christmas Hymns And Carols

The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson Celebrates Christmas DVD

O Tannenbaum - Christmas On The Rhine (Decca Records)