Farewell, Netscape!

For nearly ten years, I have been a faithful fan of the Netscape browser. I've always liked its ease, it's dependability, and it's bulldog mentality of stopping pop-up ads.

I have resisted using the built in version of Internet Explorer because it never (and I mean NEVER) stops pop-up ads.

Wednesday, Microsoft downloaded several XP updates to my computer. Since then, Netscape has been hanging up something fierce. There's no way around it - Microsoft sabotaged my Netscape browser.

Downloading Mozilla's Firefox browser as we speak. When this is sorted, I hope to post today's yuleblog entry.


UPDATE - 5 PM EST - I still haven't figured this out and even IE is hanging up! The Geek Squad is coming over. They'll probably push one button and voila! That'll be $90!

Sorry everyone (especially DaveW). I will shoot for tomorrow with Dave's review and push everyone back one day this week.

Finished typing these six sentences at 5:40 PM - Slowwww...


Capt

Comments

Ernie said…
Come to the darkside, Cap'n. Internet Explorer is good! It will butter your toast for you. Nothing bad ever happened to anyone while using IE...
Zube said…
Hey, I thought this was only happening to ME!

I was having problems with Netscape hanging up yesterday. Finally I uninstalled Netscape completely and then reinstalled 8.1.2. That fixed it fine. Just remember to save your bookmarks somewhere before you uninstall.

Good Luck
-Zube.

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Yuleblog Sampler - 2011

2001 Playlist

Bruce Woodman Presents Christmas Carols With A Latin Lilt