The Bravo Singers & Instrumentalists - Christmas Sing-Along


I found this album last weekend at a thrift store near Chicago. I had to dip into my Indiana Toll Road fund to grab 50 cents for the pleasure of bringing this home with me.

According to the discography from the good folks at Both Sides Now, Bravo Records was a subsidiary of the famed Pickwick budget label. It also stamped silver labels on its mono releases and gold labels for stereo.

With this mono record, I was half-expecting the typical recorded-on-the-cheap production values and substandard music throughout.

Instead, I got a nice Christmas album that's not flashy, not pretentious, and at times fun. It's still a budget release but I think you'll find something in it you'll like.


The Bravo Singers & Instrumentalists - Christmas Sing-Along



Happy listening...


Capt

Comments

Ernie said…
Captain-Quit sharing out so much Christmas music. You're making me look stingy! :)
CaptainOT said…
Ernie - I figure you're about 2 years ahead of me in terms of sharing.

After the 2008 downloading season is over with, you're still gonna be 1.5 years in front.


Capt
Robert Wayne said…
We had this record when I was a kid back in the '60s. I loved the Bravo Singers' renditions of Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer and Jingle Bells.

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Yuleblog Sampler - 2011

2001 Playlist

Bruce Woodman Presents Christmas Carols With A Latin Lilt