Les Troubadours du Roi Baudouin - Christmas In The Congo


As a kid, I remembered going through my mother's stack of Christmas albums around Christmas and gazing at this exotic, green covered album that contained some of the most bizarre Christmas music I had ever heard.

When she told me this was how children in Africa celebrated Christmas, I nodded my head and still thought it was strange music. This album was seldom played at our house growing up.

Flash forward to 2006. One of my wife's relatives gave me her entire collection of albums and included in that stack was her copy of this album. So I listened again and I appreciated the drumbeats, the style of singing, and the pure joy in the voices that were celebrating Christmas.

Then my kids entered the room and wondered what the mysterious noises from the turntable were... the circle of life indeed.


Les Troubadours Du Roi Baudonin - Christmas In The Congo


Happy listening...


Capt

Comments

Anonymous said…
When I was a kid, my parents had the other album by Les Troubadours Du Roi Baudouin, "Missa Luba" and I remember that being on all the time. Maybe it was because it was so unusual that I grew to love it. I never knew that the Troubadors had made a Christmas album; thank you for posting this!
CaptainOT said…
Stormy - You're welcome!


Capt
Anonymous said…
My parents had a 1/4" reel to reel tape of this album. A family friend had sent it to them in the late 60's. I am absolutely thrilled to find a copy of this music that was part of our holiday tradition so many years ago. The music is entirely without flaw and meets all the supreme standards of excellence! THANK YOU!

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Yuleblog Sampler - 2011

2001 Playlist

Bruce Woodman Presents Christmas Carols With A Latin Lilt