The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and David Arnold - Hooked On Christmas - SINGLE


In 1981, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra had a huge #1 hit across the world with their "Hooked On Classics" single. While compiling 1980s music (both Christmas and non-Christmas) for my 20th anniversary CD, I discovered this single on eBay.

When it arrived, I placed it on the turntable and gave it a listen - I deemed it not Christmas enough for my CD and it got bumped off the playlist.

In two days, I'll be serving up my 2008 Yuleblog Sampler and one of the selections on it was this obscure single I picked up five years ago. That is until I read this from a new member at FaLaLaLaLa.com:

Quote from: roje on December 09, 2008, 08:23:17 AM:

First-off, I have to admit that having stumbled across this website where there's clearly a true celebration of Christmas music, is most enriching, particularly with our world in its current state. Christmas music is, quite simply put, the exact equivalent of happiness, period.

Now, there is a 7-inch vinyl which I have been in search of, for what has seemed like centuries. I first heard it on a local radio station back in the early 80's. Its called 'Hooked On Christmas', and features the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.

One thing I'm not too sure of though, is whether its the one with David Arnold, or the one with Louis Clark. In fact I'm not even sure if they are the same recording or not. I'm also practically sure that strangely this has never been released on CD.
Does anybody here have this rare gem that they are willing to share, please?

Once again, the single gets bumped off a playlist. But it's still win-win:


The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and David Arnold - Hooked On Christmas



The B-side is "Listen To Essex" - a non Christmas song in case you were wondering.


Happy listening...


Capt

Comments

David said…
Re: Hooked On Christmas with David Arnold. You can now listen to this via YouTube. Enjoy. :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Yuleblog Sampler - 2011

2001 Playlist

Bruce Woodman Presents Christmas Carols With A Latin Lilt