Kasio Kristmas


With eight days left before Christmas, I wanted to spend today looking at several new Christmas albums on the shelves this season - perhaps a last minute gift guide for those who love Christmas music.

This is my fifth review of today and the first CD that was sent to our P.O. Box earlier this month.

It arrived in a bubble mailer with very sloppy handwriting for the addresses which I found odd. When I opened it up, out slid an entirely black CD with this very cryptic message:



Since then, there's been an oversized white truck parked outside my house from time to time. What have I gotten myself into here?

The inside cover tells us only Casio instruments were used in this recording. For those technical people reading, their arsenal includes the SK-5, SK-1, VA-10, VL-Tone, Rapman, EP-10, PT-87, CZ-1, SA-21, TA-10, DH-100, Turbo Drive Calculator, Karate Fight, CG-610, DG-20, and PG-380 (no relation to PG-13 at the theaters - throwing out my bad pun book).

The 8-bit Peoples released a Christmas album a few years back that used old computer systems to produce Christmas music. However, the Kasio guys really improved on that theme with this album. The end result is a Christmas album that must be heard to be believed.

To that end, I found several YouTube videos that give you snippets of what their music is like. The visuals are something out of "Yo Gabba Gabba" that I watch with my kids now and then.












Some things just can't be explained...

Amazon.com is reporting at present that this CD is out of stock but you can still download the full album. You might want to check Kasio Kristmas' MySpace page for more info and extended listens.

Thanks for sending us the CD fellas and in the future, you might want to put a full return address on ... excuse me, there's a knock at the door...


Capt

Comments

dixiedicks said…
Great album, thank you for the heads up. I ended up buying one from their website http://www.kasiokristmas.com
They accepted paypal so it was easy.
CaptainOT said…
Dixiedicks - Duhh... I guess I should have told everyone about their website! Thanks for posting the link!


Capt
Anonymous said…
Just downloaded it in time for my Christmas eve party tonight. Thanks, I know this will put everyone in a happy mood...what a great Holiday music idea!
CaptainOT said…
Anon - Hope the party is a success (and pray the MIB steer way clear)!


Capt

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Yuleblog Sampler - 2011

2001 Playlist

Bruce Woodman Presents Christmas Carols With A Latin Lilt