Paul & Nancy Steffen - Christmas Bells


Found this one on eBay and caveat emptor indeed! The seller finally contacted me a week after the auction ended and took their sweet time shipping it to me. When it finally arrived, there was a huge tear into the middle of the front cover they neglected to tell me about... Grrrrr!

I wasn't sure if my handiwork with PhotoShop would be up to the task but I got it patched up pretty well if I do say so myself.

Paul Steffen & his daughter Nancy operate antique Swiss handbells and put them into eighteen different Christmas carols & standards. No orchestra behind them, no chimes or other instruments to accent them. Straight handbell Christmas music.

This 1959 release was the first ever Christmas album issued by the Atco Record company, the Atlantic subsidiary.


Paul & Nancy Steffen - Christmas Bells


Happy listening...


Capt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Yuleblog Sampler - 2011

2001 Playlist

Bruce Woodman Presents Christmas Carols With A Latin Lilt