The word of the day - Jeffco


This is a picture of my friend Jeff Fox (of Jeffco Productions - We're Fun People™). I discovered his website in 2001 while looking for Weird Al Yankovic Christmas Greetings.

Jeff was the first Christmas music enthusiast who got what I did and we've been close friends ever since. He has helped me along the way by providing assistance with artwork, technical problems, pointing out Christmas music I never knew existed, and sending me an annual Christmas package loaded down with music, DVDs, and anything else he can think of.

I first reviewed one of his podcasts back in 2006 and have frequently made mention of his stellar lines of comps called "Christmas Wishes" and "Christmas Turkeys" - a classic mix of Jeff's love of Christmas music (both good and bad) and his expertise in graphic design:






In recent years, Jeff has been a participant in the sharity network with a definite advantage over the rest of us. At present, it's legal to preserve LPs much in the manner that we do in Canada - the government's copyright laws actually understand the term "fair use".

For several years now, the Canadian copyright issue has become contentious and sadly political. The climate could change at a moment's notice.

Therefore, you should probably head over to Jeff's Christmas download site to check out the amazing selection of Christmas albums he has to offer - old favorites (Sy Mann's "Switched On Santa") and rare Canadian Christmas albums (several of which I reviewed here and here and here and there and over there).

One final legal matter. I mentioned this to Jeff privately a long time ago and publicly on my 2004 Christmas comp that he helped me with. And after searching this blog for the same statement and not finding it, I wanted to get this on record:

My friendship with Jeff Fox has been one of the true highlights of my life.

If I were to die tomorrow, I will and bequeath my entire Christmas collection (albums, CDs, 78s, DVDs, vintage Christmas ads) to Jeffco Productions and hereby direct that Jeff Fox (and his heirs in perpetuity) be appointed curator of said materials.

If a hit man shows up at my door, will he hit me with a Canadian club? Oooooooo, that's terrible.


Capt

Comments

Jeffco said…
I have yet to find anyone kinder in word or deed than my friend Rob. I am humbled that you include me here since my knowledge, dedication and collection all pale sadly when compared to yours... but I think together, we make one formidable team (looking forward to helping with the big 2-5)...

I am also honoured and privileged to have Rob as a dear friend and I have also promised him my collection when I'm gone. Either way, somebody's going to have to rent a mighty big U-haul van someday, heading one way or the other. And I promise, I would try to live up to the standard Rob has set with his collection, though no one else I know could even come close.

Geez man, we'd both better live a really long time... I don't know if any one person could handle the enormous responsibility of having that much good stuff!

And Rob, I'm so flattered by the kind and generous things you've said, I'm even going to let that last groaner of a joke slide :)
Thanatos said…
I would like to put in a vote for me to get all the rest of your stuff...I can always build a THIRD storage shed on my property...
CaptainOT said…
Jeff - Thank you, good sir. That joke wasn't a groaner, it was downright awful.

Thanatos - The foul ball I caught in Cincinnati in 2007 gets thrown into the casket with me. Everything else is negotiable at this point.


Capt

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Yuleblog Sampler - 2011

2001 Playlist

Bruce Woodman Presents Christmas Carols With A Latin Lilt